HARNESSES AND BELTS
A harness is a body support system intended to stop falls and keep the user in the best conditions while awaiting the rescue.
A work positioning belt is a device that allows a user to be held in a position having hands free.
A work positioning belt must not be used as a fall arrest device.
Use:Simple harness, harness with work jacket, harness with belt, suspension harness,… the most important thing is finally to choose the equipment according to the job and taking into account the work environment
Selecting one's harness properly entails asking the right questions:
1) Which size do I need? How heavy am I?
Size: The chart hereunder indicates the body's measures.
For the wearing of a harness over clothing, the harness'adjustments allow to obtain the right size.
* Values given as an indication only. May fit slightly smaller or taller heights. All values expressed in cms.
2) Which attachments do I need?
3) What is my work situation? Do I work in a specific environment?
4) How frequently do I use my harness?
These criteria as selection guides for your harness are clearly indicated next to all harnesses in the following pages.
|KRATOS SAFETY also offers you some separable components (Suspension trauma strap, saddle work, back padded , ....) that allow you to accessorize your harness to suit your needs.